Fire and Our Future
For 3rd-8th Grade Teachers
Administered by ESD 123
- Georgia Boatman
- Nayiri Haroutunian
- Heidi Roop
- Becky Bronstein
What is the connection between climate change and fires? How will climate impact Eastern Washington communities in the near future?
Washington Green Schools and ESD 123 are convening scientists and educators to investigate local climate science topics, make connections to local climate-related phenomena like the impact of brush fires on the shrub steppe, and identify Next Generation Science Standards learning opportunities for K-12 students.
Fire and our Future Focus:
• Investigate local climate conditions and concerns
• Make connections to local climate related phenomena
• Experience an immersion into authentic integrated STEM problems as a learner
• Work with climate scientists to understand climate and the impact of wildfire in SE Washington
• Deepening content knowledge around local earth systems and human impacts problems and phenomena.
• Identify Next Generation Science Standards learning opportunities related to climate
Fri, March 8 2019 8:30 AM - 3:30 PMThe Reach Museum
Event # 85197
- 25 / 30
- Registration Ends
- Wednesday Mar 6, 2019 3:00 PM