Fifth Grade Science Assessment Workshop
Administered by Evergreen PS
- Kimberley Astle
Fifth grade teachers, are you wondering how to assess student learning in NGSS? Do you want to grow student capacity to show what they know on 3 dimensional assessments, both in the classroom and for WCAS? Need STEM clock hours? Want a chance to win a great free professional book on assessment? This is the workshop for you!
Components of this workshop:
- Learn how to use STEMGauge, our newly acquired fifth grade resource that provides rich assessment tasks for all of your fifth grade NGSS standards.
- Dig into the assessment resources in STEMscopes including the assessment bank.
- Examine WCAS to understand how it assesses students in all 3 dimensions.
- Revisit the Page Keeley probes through the lens of Claim-Evidence-Reasoning as a powerful assessment tool
Benefits for you:
- 3 STEM clock hours are available (1 hour will be completed on your own as you try out one of the assessment tasks with students).
- Fifth grade teachers who attend will be entered into a raffle to win a Page Keeley book on science assessment or a new microscope for your classroom.
- Grow your own capacity to uncover student thinking and use it to plan for instruction.
- Snacks will be provided.
Thu, January 10 2019 4:30 PM - 6:30 PMEvergreen District Office