Future-Focused Educators' Summit
Future-Focused Educators' Summit
Equitable, Inclusive, and Effective Teaching for 2021 and Beyond
Administered by AESD
- Kristina Wambold
- Katherine Livick
- Andrew Hickman
- Jeff Crawford
A Statewide AESD Opportunity
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER.
The 2020-21 school year redefined what it is to be an educator in the modern world. Through this challenge, we have found opportunities for growth. Let’s prepare for the 2021-22 school year with a focus on equitable practices and meeting the needs of diverse populations through creating, connecting, collaborating, and orchestrating change together.
The Future Focused Educators’ Summit is for ALL school staff regardless of job role. Teachers, administrators, paraeducators, office staff, and more--if you work with students, this summit is for YOU.
- Plan for different learning environments
- Explore integration of best instructional and content practices
- Connect and collaborate intentionally to prepare for the school year
- Inspire yourself and others by fueling passions for learning
During the conference, educators will choose and attend sessions relevant to their specific practice, geared toward answering the overall summit essential question: Reflecting on our learning from the past 16 months, how do we plan for and orchestrate transformative educational practices that provide equitable, inclusive, and effective learning?
The Summit will then be organized into sessions that are based upon subtopics that support answering the overall summit essential question. Each subtopic has an essential question of its own that will be addressed in those sessions.
Subtopics and Essential Questions:
- Learning Environments: How do we prepare, develop, connect, support, and empower each learner through the balance of learning environments across the system?
- Instructional Practices: What educator moves can we embed in our practice to support our students, communities, and each other in order to disrupt and dismantle inequitable practices and systems so that ALL students achieve high levels?
- Content Specific Practices: What content specific practices have leverage and longevity inside and outside of the classroom that best support our students’ growth?
- Teacher Leadership: How do I advocate for and strengthen equitable practices and structures to transform systems?
- Digital Tools: How can we purposefully and effectively integrate digital tools to impact learning and practice?
Our Summit starts with an evening kickoff event, bringing together educators from all roles. For the next two days, you’ll choose from a menu of interactive, engaging sessions that will inform, inspire, and energize you to meet the challenges of the 2021-22 school year.
This event offers up to 15 STEM clock hours, as well as opportunities to connect, learn, and lead with colleagues around the state and beyond.
Tue, July 27 20214:00 PM - 7:00 PMHopin Virtual Platform
Wed, July 28 20219:00 AM - 4:00 PMSpecific session times TBD - Hopin virtual platform
Thu, July 29 20219:00 AM - 4:00 PMSpecific session times TBD - Hopin virtual platform
Event # 113136
- 577 / 2000
- Registration Ends
- Friday Jul 23, 2021 11:59 PM
Session times will be announced shortly - save the dates!
Professional HoursClock Hour Number: VAJ1078