2017 Student Support Conference: Enhancing Support, Increasing Success
- Karianne Singleton
This conference offers a diverse array of presenters and perspectives focused on whole-child approaches targeted specifically at K-12 educators and their community partners working closely with schools. Foundational themes include strength-based practices and strategies to foster resilience aimed at enhancing the social, emotional, physical and behavioral health of students and staff.
Conference content is modeled after the *ASCD and *CDC Whole Child Initiative frameworks and contains the following themes:
- Health: Focused on students, staff and overall school environments.
- Safety: Including physical and emotional safety for students and adults.
- Engagement: Facilitating active student and family engagement in schools and communities.
- Support: Including personalized learning and care by qualified, healthy adults.
- Positive Challenge: Preparing students for success in school and beyond
- Sustainability: Encouraging implementation of collaborative whole child approaches across schools and communities to ensure long term success.
Thank you for your interest in this event and we look forward to seeing you there!
*Association for Supervision of Curriculum and Development (ASCD) - http://www.ascd.org/programs/The-Whole-Child/Healthy.aspx
*Centers for Disease Control (CDC) - http://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/wscc/index.htm
For more information on Student Support at OSPI, please visit our website at:
For event questions, please contact Karianne Singleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration questions (payment, cancellations, etc.) please contact Britt Becker at email@example.com
|Thursday May 11 2017 5/11/17||8:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Friday May 12 2017 5/12/17||8:00 AM||12:30 PM|
Event # 22998
- 667 / 668
- Registration Ends
- Tuesday Apr 25, 2017 4:00 PM