Differentiated Instruction: Leading and Managing a Differentiated Classroom - ONLINE
- Mike Esping
In Differentiated Instruction: Leading and Managing a Differentiated Classroom, you will examine issues and strategies for leading a differentiated classroom and managing the many details necessary for the class to run smoothly. You will explore how the teacher's vision sets the stage for students' confidence and effectiveness in a responsive classroom. You will also discover the direct link between teachers' mindsets and their actions in the classroom, which influence how students come to see themselves as learners. In addition, you will learn to create buy-in from students, parents, and other stakeholders, which leads to effective partnerships.
You will also review several challenges that many teachers encounter when trying to implement differentiation, as well as concrete ideas for addressing those. Practical suggestions for managing the details of a classroom will include getting students into groups, giving multiple directions, calling on students, managing noise, getting help, transitions, and managing time.
By the end of this course, through video examples, in-depth readings and reflections, and practical applications, you’ll be ready to lead and manage a differentiated classroom. More specifically, as a result of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze your vision for the classroom and determine how closely your current practice aligns to that vision.
- Create a plan to involve students in planning the operation of the classroom.
- Identify what routines might be helpful to assist students and teachers in managing the details in the classroom.
- Consider various ways to assign students to groups and provide guidance to students about how the group is expected to operate.
- Review specific routines you might use to call on students, manage noise, get help, handle transitions, and manage time in a differentiated classroom.
- Examine steps you could take to gain support from parents and others in a differentiated classroom.
Registration dates do not affect when you can register for this class. This class is self-paced and can be registered for at any time.
Sun, July 1 2018 12:00 AM - Sun, June 30 2019 11:59 PMOnline
Event # 73542
- 3 / 200
- Registration Ends
- Sunday Jun 30, 2019 11:59 PM