Differentiated Instruction: Creating an Environment That Supports Learning - ONLINE
- Mike Esping
In Differentiated Instruction: Creating an Environment That Supports Learning, you will gain an understanding of the role of classroom environment in the differentiated classroom. Throughout this course, you will explore the key elements of a supportive environment that encourage the implementation of the philosophy of differentiation.
You will learn how to encourage and facilitate community building that creates a classroom where teachers and students work together to collaborate and share responsibility for learning. Along with creating the physical environment, you will learn to use specific strategies to identify student needs, strengths, and interests. Finally, you will be able to foster positive communication with students and provide constructive feedback on their growth and progress.
By the end of this course, through video examples, in-depth readings and reflections, and practical applications, you'll be ready to plan for an environment that facilitates the differentiated classroom. More specifically, as a result of the course, you will:
- Assess the elements of environment and community in the classroom.
- Adapt a tool to help students assess themselves on a variety of classroom and life skills.
- Design and implement a strategy that helps students get to know each other and build classroom community.
- Assess a classroom set-up for ways the physical space contributes to the quality of the lesson.
- Plan flexible room arrangements to support an effective learning environment.
- Create a strategy for empowering students to take ownership of their own learning.
- Foster regular positive communication with students and provide constructive feedback on their growth and progress.
Registration dates do not affect when you can register for this class. This class is self-paced and can be registered for at any time.
Sun, July 1 2018 12:00 AM - Sun, June 30 2019 11:59 PMOnline
Event # 73544
- 7 / 200
- Registration Ends
- Sunday Jun 30, 2019 11:59 PM