Supporting Dual Language Learners
- Jenny Kelly
- Dorian Arita
Come learn how to best support dual language learners in your early learning classroom, get STARS hours & receive an educational kit to use in your classroom for free!
The Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF) with I-LABS, created a new training series to equip early learning providers with tools to support bilingual children and families in their classrooms. There is no expectation that individuals participating in this training are bilingual.
- Why should you attend? If you have children or families who speak a language other than English, you can learn practices to support them in your classroom and earn in-service hours (STARS) at NO COST! Providers who participate for the entire series will earn 12 STARS hours and an educational kit that includes books, educational toys and other learning materials to use with children. Your feedback is valuable as we finalize the training content for expanded use.
- Who should attend? This training is designed for ECEAP & Head Start teachers, licensed in-home and center providers.
- What does the training cover?
- Understanding of the importance of culture in the acquisition of language,
- The benefits of learning more than one language,
- Practices that support language development for all children.
- The series has 4 sessions. You can earn 12 hours of in-service training (STARS) at no cost! This is made possible with funding provided to DCYF.
Fri, May 10 2019 9:00 AM - 3:00 PMCascade Room 1
Fri, May 24 2019 1:00 PM - 3:00 PMCascade Room 1
Fri, June 14 2019 1:00 PM - 3:00 PMCascade Room 1
Fri, June 21 2019 1:00 PM - 3:00 PMClassroom For The Future
Event # 86656
- 16 / 16
- Registration Ends
- Wednesday May 8, 2019 3:00 PM