Paraeducator Fundamental Course of Study
- Kathleen Poole
Districts are required to provide 14 clock hours of the Fundamental Course of Study (FCS) to all Paraeducators by August 31, 2020 as part of the Legislative funding for HB 1115 and SB 6388. NWESD is offering the following to help districts meet these new requirements.
Day 1 will include the units:
- Positive and Safe Learning Environment FCS10 (3 hours),
- Behavior management strategies including de-escalation techniques FCS07 (2 hours), and
- Communication Basics FCS11 (2 hour).
Day 2 will include the units:
- Child and Adolescent Development FCS08 (2 hours),
- Introduction to Cultural Identity and Diversity FCS01 (4 hours), and
- Communication Challenges FCS12 (1 hour).
Thu, November 21 2019 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thu, March 19 2020 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Event # 97303
- 4 / 80
- Registration Ends
- Tuesday Oct 8, 2019 8:00 AM