2017 OER Summit - North Central Washington
- Barbara Soots
Is your district interested in Open Educational Resources? This event may be for you...
Open Educational Resources (OER) are free to use, edit, and share. They have the potential to align curriculum more closely with the Common Core State Standards and engage teachers more fully in curricula, allowing them to adapt content to support quality instruction and student engagement.
Join North Central Educational Service District and OSPI’s OER, Learning and Teaching, and Educational Technology departments to discuss how to include OER as an important part in your district’s instructional material strategy. Your team will have an opportunity to learn more about OER, consider your district needs, and explore how OER resources can support instruction.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn about the benefits OER could have to your district.
- Discuss strategies for overcoming challenges your district might face in implementing OER.
- Hear from districts on the front lines of OER implementation.
- Take away review instruments for determining quality and Common Core alignment.
- Discover what you need to know in order to successfully use, adapt, and develop OER.
- Understand the technology implications of adopting OER and discuss technical considerations for wide scale OER distribution.
WHO should REGISTER
District teams of 3-5 people
- Curriculum Director
- Content Coach
- District and Building Administrator
- IT Director/Technology Specialist
- School Board Member
|Monday Apr 17 2017 4/17/17||8:30 AM||3:30 PM|
Event # 23048
- 20 / 30
- Registration Ends
- Monday Apr 3, 2017 5:00 PM