Civil Rights Training - Part 3 | Title IX Athletics
- Sarah Albertson
- Kristin Hennessey
- Kasha Roseta
The Equity and Civil Rights Office at OSPI is providing a two-day training—open to all district and school employees—regarding civil rights protections and obligations in Washington public schools. The training is separated into three parts over two days, with separate registration for each (Civil Rights | Section 504 | Title IX Athletics).
Part 3: Title IX Athletics Training
Pasco, WA | November 15 | 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Understand how to use the Title IX three-part test to assess athletic participation and accommodate the interests and abilities of male and female students
- Preview sample tools and templates to assist districts in evaluating Title IX compliance
- Identify strategies to accommodate student interests in athletics
- Explain Title IX requirements regarding girls’ and boys’ athletic programs, including the factors each district must evaluate
Who should attend?
- Title IX coordinators
- Athletic directors
- School and district administrators
Lunch and coffee will be on your own.
Thu, November 15 2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Event # 74012
- 45 / 70
- Registration Ends
- Tuesday Nov 13, 2018 5:00 PM