Civil Rights Training - Part 2 | Section 504
- Sarah Albertson
- Kristin Hennessey
- Kasha Roseta
The Equity and Civil Rights Office at OSPI is providing a two-day training—open to all district and school employees—regarding civil rights protections and obligations in Washington public schools. The training is separated into three parts over two days, with separate registration for each (Civil Rights | Section 504 | Title IX Athletics).
Part 2: Section 504 Training
Anacortes, WA | November 28 | 8:30am - Noon (lunch on your own)
- Understand the process to identify and evaluate students under Section 504, including how the law has changed with respect to eligibility
- Discuss suggestions for developing and implementing Section 504 plans
- Describe student discipline and harassment protections under Section 504
- Identify strategies to resolve parent concerns and complaints
Who should attend?
- Section 504 coordinators
- School and district administrators
- School counselors
- Any other staff involved in the Section 504 process
Lunch and coffee will be on your own.
Due to limited space, we request each school district limit registration to no more than three participants.
Wed, November 28 2018 8:30 AM - 12:00 PMESD 189
Event # 74014
- 67 / 70
- Registration Ends
- Monday Nov 26, 2018 5:00 PM