Connecting to Careers: Creating Pathways for All
- Kyla Lackie
Join Pierce County Careers Connection, Puget Sound College & Career Network, Pierce County Strong, PSESD, OSPI, K12, postsecondary, business & labor for an event, featuring keynote speakers, school-based and district-based workshop tracks, and a district planning session.
- Discover ways to integrate career readiness and career connections in K12
- Become more familiar with apprenticeship and technical pathways in Pierce County that lead to living wage careers
- Learn career pathway development strategies including pre-apprenticeship
- Share messaging strategies that promote all career pathways
- Define next steps within your district and school
School Implementation workshops: Learn about career exploration in action through school based activities, worksite tours and supporting students through the apprenticeship application process. Learn new ideas for building career readiness and integrating career connections.
District Leadership workshops: Learn how to develop a pre-apprenticeship program and career pathways for all students through the vision of Career Connect Washington and how it applies to your district. Share messaging and communication strategies to support consistent marketing of a pathway fit for each student.
Thu, April 18 2019 8:00 AM - 12:00 PMCheck-In: 7:30 AM - 8:00 AMClover Park Technical College, McGavick Center
Event # 86284
- 18 / 160
- Registration Ends
- Thursday Apr 18, 2019 12:30 PM