ISSUES OF ABUSE: WHAT THE EDUCATIONAL PROFESSIONAL NEEDS TO KNOW
- Kim Beeson
- Annie Hetzel
- rudy garza
Instructors: PSESD Staff
Audience: All educational professionals will benefit. Required course work for candidates seeking continuing Washington State teacher, administrator, counselor or psychologist certification.
About the Class: Learn from our highly-qualified instructors about the impact of trauma on student behavior and learning, and develop the ability to identify and seek support for students impacted by abuse. Learn to recognize abuse, report abuse, and access resources for students in need. Develop methods for reaching and teaching students by tapping into their resilience, as well as your own.
- This workshop complies with Washington Administrative Code 181-79A-030 and meets the “Issues of Abuse” course requirement for candidates seeking continuing Washington State teacher, administrator, counselor or psychologist certification. Click here for more information about certification: http://www.k12.wa.us/certification/
Fee: $235 – includes workshop, training materials and beverage service.
College Credit: 1 SPU credit available for a separate charge of $50, payable online. Instructions provided first day of class.
Clock Hours: 10 clock hours will be available for an additional, separate charge of $30, payable online. Instructions provided first day of class.
Location: Puget Sound ESD, 800 Oakesdale Ave. SW, Renton, WA 98057.
Last Day to Register: June 13, 2019
PSESD Professional Development Cancellation Policy
A full refund will be granted if PSESD cancels the course. If a participant needs to cancel their registration for an event, the following guidelines apply:
- A 90% refund will be granted if an email notice of cancellation is received by the PSESD class coordinator more than three full working days prior to the class start date. (e.g., if a class starts on Friday, the registration would need to be cancelled by 11:59 PM the Monday prior to the class)
- If the registration fee was paid by credit card 120 days before the cancelation, the refund will appear on the credit card used for the initial transaction. If it is beyond the 120 days, a refund check will be issued.
- If the registration fee was secured with a purchase order, only the cancellation fee will be invoiced. Registrants should notify their district that they did not attend the course.
Tue, June 18 2019 8:30 AM - 5:00 PMCheck-In: 8:15 AMSnoqualmie Room - 1st Floor
Wed, June 19 2019 8:30 AM - 11:45 AMCheck-In: 8:15 AMSnoqualmie Room - 1st Floor
Event # 86951
- 30 / 36
- Registration Ends
- Monday Jun 17, 2019 11:59 PM