Legislative Scholar Program
Administered by ESD 113
- Paula Rehwaldt
- Emily McCartan
Registration is for clock hours only. If you are interested in attending this event, contact the Legislative Scholar program to register. They will provide you with the required password to sign up for clock hours.
The Legislative Scholar Program is a 5-day summer workshop in Olympia. It offers an interactive experience for teachers to gain an inside view of the legislative process and develop in-depth strategies for bringing meaningful civics experiences into their classrooms. The program is a result of the Washington State Legislature's commitment to increasing civic knowledge and education about representative democracy in Washington.
- Meetings with legislators, Supreme Court Justices, lobbyists, and other policymakers
- Learning how the legislative, executive, and judicial branches interact
- Resource sessions with public and non-profit civic education organizations serving K-12 students
- Sessions with leading university faculty in public policy, public discourse, and social studies education
- Interactive mock committee hearing
- Developing lesson plans and classroom activities about state government
- Touring facilities including State Archives, Supreme Court, Capitol Campus, and elections center
Registration is for clock hours only. If you are interested in attending this event, contact the school to register. They will provide you with the required password to sign up for clock hours.
In order to receive clock hours:
- Participants must sign the attendance sign-in sheet EACH assigned day of the session.The attendee must sign in to receive credit for attending the session. Capital Region ESD 113 will not accept verbal or written documentation (other than official sign-in sheets) from the instructor, school district or other entity stating the attendee was present after the session has taken place.
- Participants must be in actual (physical) attendance at the session location at the assigned time and for the duration of the class.
After the event– the event sponsor will send documentation of attendance to Capital Region ESD 113 within 10 business days.
Capital Region ESD 113 will record attendance within 10 business days after receiving documentation.
Participants will receivean automated email requesting an evaluation be completed. Participants will then be able to purchase clock hours.
If an email was not received, the participant will need to access their account by the following steps:
- Go towww.myesd.org.
- Click the Sign In link and log into account.
- Click on Registration History/Certificates and select Past Sessions.
- Select “evaluation” located under the title of the session.
- After submitting the completed evaluation. You will now be able to select “Purchase Clock Hours” located under the title of the session.
- Check the box next to the Session ID and check the box that affirms your attendance for the clock hours.
- Select “Add to Cart.” Then select “Check out.” You will be asked to verify that your information is correct, school/district, etc. - click on “continue.”
- You can now “complete checkout” by indicating form of payment. If you select check or purchase order, you will need to print a payment voucher which you will be instructed to do on the next screen. Mail in your voucher with payment. If you select credit card, you will then be prompted to enter your credit card information.
Mon, July 17 2017 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tue, July 18 2017 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed, July 19 2017 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thu, July 20 2017 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri, July 21 2017 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Event # 46895
- 16 / 28
- Registration Ends
- Thursday Aug 17, 2017 12:00 AM