Desmos Summer Institute
Administered by ESD 112
- Stephanie Blair
- Shelley Carranza
Join us this summer for a 2-day workshop where you'll learn how to charge up your math classes with the Desmos Calculators and Activities.
We’ll show you how our calculators can be used for both teacher modeling and student problem-solving. Use movable points, dynamic sliders, quick regression, geometry constructions, and more to help your students make sense of math. Then learn how the Desmos Activity Builder can help you create dynamic activities as well as how to use pre-built activities from Desmos itself and its user community.
- What to expect:
- An introduction to the Desmos calculator. Teachers will learn how you can use the calculator to support students in problem solving and also as a modeling tool in their own teaching.
- Experience Desmos activities from a student’s perspective and consider the teaching moves that support productive discussions, formative assessment, and student learning.
- Built in time for authoring Desmos activities with support from experienced Desmos facilitators as well as collaboration with grade-level colleagues.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided.
- **Attendees who participate in the two-day institute will have the opportunity to earn 15 STEM Clock hours by also attending two follow-up webinars during the 2019-20 school year.
Tue, June 25 2019 8:30 AM - 3:30 PMESD 112 Conference and Institute Center
Wed, June 26 2019 8:30 AM - 3:30 PMESD 112 Conference and Institute Center
Thu, June 27 2019 8:00 AM - Tue, June 30 2020 5:00 PMWebinar
Event # 85973
- 10 / 60
- Registration Ends
- Tuesday Jun 25, 2019 11:59 PM