Social Media & Internet Safety Forum
Administered by PSESD
- Annie Hetzel
About our Forum: A panel of education and law professionals, followed by guided discussion and sharing of experiences and challenges specific to social media. The value of this forum will rely upon harnessing the wisdom of participants as we explore old and new concerns, share experiences and emerging tools for managing internet safety in schools.
Audience: This forum will be useful to anyone responding to online threats of violence or self-harm, harassment, intimidation or bullying, student technology use in the classroom environment and the impact on student health and safety. Internet safety is broad and complex, requiring a multi-disciplinary approach and collaboration. Districts have been responding to various aspects of digital safety concerns for years and have gathered valuable experience and insights that will benefit all participants.
1. Participants will gain better understanding of the scope of internet safety.
2. Participants will learn about resources that area school districts are using in responding to threats.
3. participants will identify the impact of each professional role in the school district on internet safety.
PSESD Safety Cooperative Pricing
No cost for up to 2 participants per PSESD Safety Cooperative member district. 20% discount for additional participants.*
*A coupon code will be needed to register at no cost or at 20% off. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contract your district Safety Administrator
A full refund will be granted if PSESD cancels the course. If a participant needs to cancel their registration for an event, the following guidelines apply:
- A 90% refund will be granted if an email notice of cancellation is received by the PSESD class coordinator more than three full working days prior to the class start date. (e.g., if a class starts on Friday, the registration would need to be cancelled by 11:59 PM the Monday prior to the class)
- If the registration fee was paid by credit card 120 days before the cancellation, the refund will appear on the credit card used for the initial transaction. If it is beyond the 120 days, a refund check will be issued.
- If the registration fee was secured with a purchase order, only the cancellation fee will be invoiced. Registrants should notify their district that they did not attend the course.
Fri, September 13 2019 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Event # 95430
- 17 / 36
- Registration Ends
- Thursday Sep 12, 2019 11:59 PM