Integrating the Educational Technology Standards
- Andrew Hickman
In this session participants will take a deep dive into the Washington State Educational Technology Learning Standards. They will practice using technology and understand ways to integrate effectively in all content areas. This session will focus on looking at the 2018 Standards for Technology Literate & Fluent Students and practical ways to integrate within their classrooms:
1. Empowered Learner - Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving and demonstrating competency in their learning goals, informed by the learning sciences.
2. Digital Citizen - Students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
3. Knowledge Constructor - Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
4. Innovative Designer - Students use a variety of technologies within a design process to identify and solve problems by creating new, useful or imaginative solutions.
5. Computational Thinker - Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.
6. Creative Communicator - Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
7. Global Collaborator - Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.
Participants should bring their devices.
Tue, July 30 2019 12:30 PM - 3:30 PMBordeaux Elementary Library, Shelton