Youth Mental Health First Aid
Youth Mental Health First Aid
Class on Zoom, Registration closes May 26th
- Katie Cutshaw
- Hailey Shelton
Youth Mental Health First Aid is designed to teach caring adults who work with youth how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of a mental health or substance use challenge or are in crisis. The course discusses mental health challenges for youth in both a non-crisis and crisis situations. Some of the topics that will be reviewed are anxiety, depression, substance use, suicide, and mental health disorders.
- Required 2-hour, self-paced, online pre-work that you must complete to attend the 4-hour instructor led Zoom class. You will be unenrolled if the pre-work is not completed prior to the instructor led session.
- You will receive an email with the connect link to set up a user account and complete pre-work.
- This is an interactive training; Attendees are expected to have cameras on and participate in class to receive certification of the course. Participation looks like regularly engaging in activities facilitated by the presenters.
- Participants who complete the full course (2 hour, self-paced, pre-work and 4-hour instruction led portion) will receive a certificate of completion from the National Council for Behavioral Health and become a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
- All pre-work needs to be completed at least 48 hours prior to instructor led portion. You will be unenrolled if the pre-work is not completed 48 hours prior to the instructor led session.
- Both the Participant Processing Guide and MHFA manual will be available to download in class via chat (During the live session it is suggested to use a device other than a Google Chromebook as the shared files often do not download properly).
- Only 30 seats are available so please cancel your reservation via PD Enroller at least 4 days prior to the live session. This way others will have the opportunity to enroll.
Steps to completing course
- Register for course on PD Enroller
- Receive email inviting to create Connect account
- Create Connect account via link in email
- Receive email inviting to start pre-work in Connect platform
- Complete pre-work on Connect platform
- Receive zoom link for live session
- Attend and participate in live zoom session
- Complete survey and test in Connect Platform
- Receive certificate via Connect Platform
- Clock hours available for purchase via PD Enroller
Thu, June 1 20239:00 AM - 2:00 PMZoom
Event # 155064
- 33 / 35
- Registration Ends
- Tuesday May 30, 2023 3:30 PM
You will receive an email with a link to create an account in the Connect platform. Once you create a Connect account you will receive another email with a link to launch the on-line pre-work. Use that link to complete the pre-work. The link to the live training will be email to you the day prior to the live training.
Professional HoursClock Hour Number: OLAG0497
|6.00||Clock Hours (Suicide Prevention)||$23.00|