Science Foundational Kit Use Workshop - Organisms (Legacy Kit)
- Georgia Boatman
In this 10 hour course teachers will experience each lesson in the unit, become familiar with the materials and teaching strategies and develop a demonstration science notebook to use in their classrooms. Each teacher should bring the TEACHERS’ MANUAL for the science unit.
Organisms will be a 10 hour experience with:
· 3hours on Friday, Oct. 5, 2018
· 7 hours on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018
These workshops are a MUST for elementary teachers who are new to teaching, to a grade level or beginning to teach the New Units this year or next fall.
Science Unit Foundational Workshops Focus:
- Becoming confident with the materials and lessons in the science unit
- Experiencing each lesson as a learner in order to understand the nature of the lessons.
- Developing a Science Notebook and connecting English Language Arts to science lessons.
- Understanding specific strategies and best teacher practices for teaching each lesson.
Clock hours are available.
You will need to bring your science unit teacher manual. If you have questions in regards to the manual, please check with your district LASER contact.
Bring your own lunch (working lunch)
Registration should only be done by each district's LASER Training Contact (unless you have made arrangements with your Principal or LASER Contact).
Be sure to sign up with your district’s LASER contact person right away. Check with your LASER Board member or contact person to see whether you should sign up for the NEW workshops or wait.
Fri, October 5 2018 4:00 PM - 7:00 PMESD 123 Professional Development Center
Sat, October 6 2018 8:30 AM - 3:30 PMESD 123 Professional Development Center
Event # 72450
- 0 / 25
- Registration Ends
- Friday Sep 28, 2018 8:00 AM
This event is cancelled.