WaKIDS Introduction Training 101
- Jenny Kelly
WaKIDS 101 is the one-time training required for all kindergarten teachers new to WaKIDS and special education teachers working with children with IEPs. The training introduces all three components of WaKIDS, including its purpose, structure, and possibility. Participants will gain a better understanding of how observation is foundational to effective instruction and learn practical strategies for collecting, using, and sharing evidence. By the end of the training, teachers will have the basic skills to begin implementing all components of WaKIDS, including using the online assessment platform MyTeachingStrategies®. With the completion of Interrater Reliability Certification, teachers will leave feeling confident and ready.
Beginning in July 2019, the WaKIDS 101 training will change from a two-day, in-person training to a one-day in-person training hosted regionally at each Educational Service District
- Understand how curriculum and assessment work together to strengthen classroom practice and promote positive outcomes for all children.
- Identify the purposes of GOLD® assessment and describe the role it plays in informing instruction.
- Identify ways to use the objectives for development and learning to focus observations and respond with appropriate support for individual and group needs
- Explain how MyTeachingStrategies® supports the four steps of the assessment process, linking curriculum and assessment to support children’s development and learning
Please contact Jenny Kelly if you need other Teaching Strategies GOLD training.
Thu, July 25 2019 9:00 AM - 3:30 PMCascade Room 2
Event # 87005
- 26 / 35
- Registration Ends
- Tuesday Jul 23, 2019 3:00 PM