Empowering Hispanic & Latino Students
- Solution Tree
Soluciones is going virtual! This year the presenters will be focused on how to support our ESOL students during these very unique times offering a variety of breakouts. The great news when viewing virtually is not having to choose who you want to hear… you will have the opportunity to listen to them all!
Be the difference your Hispanic and Latino students need
English learners (ELs) come to school with diverse talents, experiences, emotional needs, and levels of family support. Soluciones empowers leaders, teachers, parents, and community partners to eradicate learning gaps among this ever-growing student population.
Top educational thought leaders share specific, practical ways to connect with students from diverse backgrounds, ensure they feel safe and welcome, and help them overcome the barriers they often face. The conference includes a unique combination of theory, practice, and planning time, giving you and your team the knowledge and tools to develop an actionable plan for serving ELs at every grade level and in every subject area.
- Create a holistic shift in how your school supports ELs.
- Learn practical strategies that can be used daily to increase EL engagement remotely.
- Develop a toolkit of strategies for working virtually with SLIFE (students with limited or interrupted formal education).
- Gain virtual techniques for improving student behavior, increasing social-emotional learning, and strengthening academic achievement.
- Discover targeted instructional strategies and assessment processes that can be used virtually for developing academic vocabulary, literacy, and math skills for English learners.
- Understand how to effectively build relationships with Hispanic and Latino students, parents, and families.
- Acquire district and building leadership practices that promote student equity and eliminate achievement gaps.
- Explore school-based structures and virtual platforms that create an inclusive culture for Latino and EL students.
- Experience how to use performance assessment virtually to inform instruction.
District Team Discount Available
$689.00 per person if there are teams of five or more from one district
$709.00 per person if there four or less from one district
Wed, August 5 2020 8:00 AM - 3:15 PMOnline
Thu, August 6 2020 8:00 AM - 3:15 PMOnline
Fri, August 7 2020 8:00 AM - 11:30 AMOnline
Event # 98647
District Team Discount
Sep 27 - Aug 31
5 or more Attendees
- 59 / 200
- Registration Ends
- Tuesday Aug 4, 2020 12:00 PM