WA-AIM: Understanding the Access Point Framework and Administration Training
- Toni C Wheeler
Understanding the Access Point Framework - Through individual, small group, and whole group activities, participants to gain a deeper understanding of the Access Point Frameworks, which are the underlying structural framework for the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the Washington Access to Instruction & Measurement (WA-AIM). Participants will:
- Define the key knowledge and terms of the assessed standards.
- Understand the differences between access points and between grade levels.
- Develop a common understanding of key terms and content related vocabulary.
- Explore and develop examples of IEP goals or student learning objectives from the Access Point Frameworks to help define instruction.
- Discuss activities and strategies to embed the assessed knowledge, skills, and abilities measured by the WA-AIM into daily instruction.
- Paper or electronic copies of the WA-AIM Access Point Frameworks,
- At least 1 set (all three access point levels) of Performance Tasks the educator wants a deeper understanding of.
WA-AIM Administration Training - Participants will be provided with an overview of the WA-AIM components, administration procedures, and the electronic systems utilized in administration of the WA-AIM. Participants will:
- Understand current federal and state legislation around alternate assessments.
- Understand the state’s definition of Significant Cognitive Disability and the WA-AIM participation criteria.
- Review relevant learner characteristics information of students who take the WA-AIM.
- Understand the process for administering the WA-AIM.
- Understanding the data systems involved in administering the WA-AIM.
- Preview future system improvements and assist OSPI in prioritizing improvement efforts,
Required Materials: None
Participants are not required to attend the full day, but will be required to sign back in after lunch to receive full-day of clock hours.
Tue, September 24 2019 9:00 AM - 4:00 PMMount Erie Room
Event # 96474
- 22 / 40
- Registration Ends
- Saturday Sep 21, 2019 9:00 AM