Floods and Droughts
Natural Disasters, Climate Science & the NGSS
- Meredith Lohr
- Nayiri Haroutunian
- Heidi Roop
Are floods, droughts, and extreme weather our new normal? How is climate change affecting our local communities? What are the local learning opportunities for students around how climate impacts them?
Join Washington Green Schools and Dr. Heidi Roop from the UW Climate Science Group to explore current research to make connections between Climate Change and floods & droughts.. As the day progresses, teachers will have time to plan activities that will bring the day’s climate science learning into their classroom.
This event has a middle school/high school focus and is based on the NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas listed below. All K-12 teachers are welcome to attend.
- Earth & Space Sciences (ESS): Earth’s Systems, Earth and Human Activity
- Engineering, Technology & Applications (ETS): Engineering Design
- Life Science (LS): Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics
- Friday, March 22, 2019
- WSU Puyallup Research and Extension Center, 2606 W Pioneer Ave, Puyallup, WA 98371, USA
- Please bring a lunch or grab lunch nearby
- Six free STEM clock hours provided by Washington Green Schools
- Teacher release time (substitute) expense provided by Puget Sound ESD
Fri, March 22 2019 8:00 AM - 3:00 PMA campus of Washington State University for students and the public.
Event # 86073
- 2 / 30
- Registration Ends
- Thursday Mar 21, 2019 11:59 AM